“The writers retreat with Kathy Fish and Nancy Stohlman was an inspiring, magical, once-in-a-lifetime experience. They are wonderful instructors, writers and mentors with great insight into the craft, as well as the writing life. I also loved meeting people from all over the world who are passionate about writing. I left the retreat feeling re-energized and refocused about my writing. In short, I loved every minute.” ~K.B. Jensen
Do you dream of uninterrupted days to write in beautiful locations? Do you long to meet, be mentored by, and network with other writers? Are you enamored with flash fiction and want to learn more or refine your work?
We give professional and aspiring writers, struggling to create amidst the everyday demands of life, the gift of time, community, instruction, and the opportunity to reconnect with your own imagination and sense of possibility so you can confidently bring the work inside you to fruition.
Our flash fiction retreats are simple and affordable—expect good food, fresh air, inspiring locations, lots of encouragement, focused guidance, and the opportunity to make lifelong colleagues and friends. The retreats feature generative classes, workshops, craft talks, and one-on-one mentoring sessions as well as plenty of individual writing time. All activities and classes are optional and participants can create a schedule that is supportive and nurturing to their process while finding just the right amount of motivation, guidance, and camaraderie.
- Our France retreat has been rescheduled for August 31st – September 6th, 2021 and is SOLD OUT.
- Our Iceland retreat has been scheduled for Nov 3-7, 2021 and registration will open in April. Sign up here for early registration access.
- Our Costa Rica Retreat has been rescheduled for early winter 2022.
- Our fourth Retreat, High Altitude Inspiration in Grand Lake, was both restorative and inspiring. See an amazing photo gallery courtesy of Jeffrey Spahr-Summers HERE.
- Our Creative Renaissance Retreat at beautiful Palazzo Forani in Casperia, Italy, was an incredible experience! Read Nancy’s reflections HERE. And Kathy’s recap plus participant testimonials HERE.